5.08.2012

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing


It spring and our garden if full of lovely lettuce, radish and onions. Of course we eat lots of salad this time of the year, so as I make homemade salad dressings I'll be sure to keep you updated with the recipes.

We eat lots of Italian Dressing (oil/vinegar base) but sometimes it's nice to have something a little different and sweeter .. What's better than a Poppy Seed Dressing on delicate spring lettuce - especially in a few weeks when you can toss in a handful of fresh picked ripe strawberries!

3/4 c Organic Sugar
1/3c Apple Cider Vinegar (I only use Braggs' Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar!)
1/8c Onion, Chopped (I used 5 freshly foraged Ramp Bulbs!! Shallots or scallions would be good too!)
3t Ground Mustard
1t Poppy Seeds
1/2t Sea Salt
1c Organic Sunflower Oil
1/4c water

Put everything in your blender and blend till smooth!! It's super yummy, while I've been writing this post - you know I keep "tasting" the dressing out of the bottle.. I'm counting down till dinner to have another big salad!