8.09.2012

Meatza - Thanks to Divine Health!

Tonight Ray and I enjoyed a "Meatza" after I got my inspiration from Divine Health's posting..
I've been going back and forth regarding my "issues" with gluten and am finally back on the anti-gluten program. I'm not a huge pizza fan (i know it's shocking - but I'm not a sandwich fan either) but the "Meatza" recipe sounded amazing!!!!!! Recipe in our house = Idea. I just can't "follow" a recipe, I just read them and then do my own thing.. no disrespect but I want everyone to add their own special twist to what I do too, that's what makes what you cook your own.

Here's what I did tonight for our "Meatza"...

The Sauce:
In a small skillet over medium heat, lightly cook 2 pressed cloves of garlic in coconut oil. Then I added in a 1/4 pint of my homemade tomato paste (recipe to be posted later this summer!!) and 1 pint of canned pureed tomatoes, cook over medium/high to thicken for about 30 minutes - stirring frequently. Add Salt, Pepper, Basil, Crushed Red Pepper to taste.....

The Crust:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Combine 1 pound of grass fed organic beef with 1 free range-organic egg, about 3/4c grated Parmesan cheese (I don't measure, just grate and figure it out!) and salt/pepper.... spread on cookie sheet with sides (jelly roll pan) .. easiest way was to put the meat crust mix on the pan then top with parchment paper and use your fingers to press the meat out into a large oval (about 1/4 in thick). Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. I used my pampered chef cookie sheet with sides that's been seasoned well over the past 10 years.

Toppings:
Top your baked crust with sauce and lots of grated mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. Yes it will be runny and messy... it's ok. Top with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and more Parmesan cheese - let cool for at least 10 minutes......


It's not pretty, I know.. but sometimes things that taste amazing don't look so pretty and we're ok with that!

This is a "Fork Pizza" and I can tell you that after we each ate 1/4 of the "Meatza" we were already thinking about making 1/2 pork sausage and  1/2 beef next time, cause we just love pork! and by the time we both ate our half... we were wishing we could go back in time and eat it all over again, since it was so amazing. It's meals like this that remind me that I truly love eating this way and it's so much better tasting that bread-pasta-gluten crap!!!

Divine Health did a great job with this "Recipe-Idea" thank you so much for sharing!!!